Wednesday, 4 November 2015

THE BATTLE OF THE SPOT TREATMENTS....

The one thing I have tried a lot of, are spot treatments. I have tried a few from the cheapest on the market, to the more expensive and even prescribed/over the counter like PanOxyl
I have started to get a few pesky breakouts over the last couple of weeks so I thought it would be interesting to show you all my current stash. First up is LUSH Grease Lightning, which is more natural compared to others. It is infused with rosemary, thyme and tree tree, which are antibacterial and antiseptic. It also contains witch hazel, which helps to soothe redness and reduces the inflammation. This is a clear gel and it does not dry my skin out at all, I normally use this when I first can feel the break out as I find it is much more effective then. 
One which I do not know how I feel about is the Origins Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Gel. This is the most expensive from the bunch and it actually pretty small. It contains Salicylic Acid, which helps to fight against breakouts. I have not really given this a go because I normally reach for other treatments so I cannot give a decent review on it, but I do like it. On the other hand, the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is one of my favourites. It also contains Salicylic Acid and unlike any other spot treatment I have tried, this is has two separate layers. There is a pink sediment which is actually calamine, and you simply dip a cotton bud into the product and then dab it on your break out. I apply this at night, or if I know I am going to be at home all day, because it does look like you have a case of chicken pox - haha! 
On the cheaper side of the spectrum, I have two. The first being the Freederm Fast Track Spot Gel, which is specially formulated by skin experts. It claims it reduces the size and redness within 3 hours, and whilst I do like this. I prefer my OG Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Control Treatment Gel. I have been using this for over 10 years, and it is my go to. It also contains Salicylic Acid, which helps to quickly fight bacteria, rebalances the level of oil and purifies the skin without drying it out.

I have repurchased this a number of times and if I had to choose just one spot treatment, this would be it. What are your favourite spot treatments?



12 comments:

  1. I used to love the Clean & Clear option, I don't know why I haven't picked it up in a long time!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clean and Clear one is my all time favourite - it's so good! x

      Delete
  2. I think I'm going to have to picked up some Grease Lightening at the weekend. I've never tried it before but my skin is so bad at the moment

    Sophie x
    www.booksandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very gentle compared to the others, but it does not dry out my skin and it just calms everything down. x

      Delete
  3. I'm always on the hunt for spot treatments, but the Clean and Clear one has always been my favorite!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always go back to it and then I wonder why I bother to use anything else! x

      Delete
  4. Posts like these are my guilty pleasure...I don't know why haha! I suffer from acne no matter how much I take care of my skin and it's always nice to see posts about new options. I've tried the Clean & Clear before, but like everything I use, it was only effective for a little while oddly enough. I'm definitely interested in trying the Mario Badescu one, but I haven't taken the plunge as of yet. Another one you could try is the Sulfur Treatment by De La Cruz.

    Wendy | XOBeautyAddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad you really liked it Wendy! The Mario Badescu one is pretty good and thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out :) x

      Delete
  5. I've always stuck to drugstore brand like Freederm and Clean & Clear whenever i've had pesky breakouts but i really like the Lush one you mentioned! I'll definitely check it out next time :)

    Great post, I just discovered your blog and love it! x

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Aliya! I'm glad you liked it too! x

      Delete
  6. I'll pretty much try anything once! I'm a big fan of clean & clear products so I'll take a look at that one! Thanks for the tip! =)

    Melanie | Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, it really works for me :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x