Sunday, 22 November 2015

WORTH IT: LASH PRIMERS

If you were to tell me a year ago that I would be into using eyelash primers, I would have been really confused. Eyelash primers? What are those?? Eyelash primers are said to help thicken, lengthen and condition your lashes. Whilst there are a few on the market, I thought I would give you a run down on the three, which I currently have.

First up is the Urban Decay Subversion primer, which is a typical eyelash primer in the sense that it is white. However it has a whipped-like texture, which I have found helps to still keep my eyelashes soft before I apply my mascara. It adds volume to my lashes and as it contains pantheon and vitamin E, it moisturises and thickens your lashes. The wand is a little different to any other mascara wands I've seen, as it is flat on one side, which actually helps to grip the lashes.
The Estée Lauder Little Black Primer, is definitely different to any eyelash primer because it is in fact black, which is great because you can then use it on it's own. You can wear it in three different ways, the first is to simply tint you lashes. The curved wand provides colour and lift to your lashes, which is great for an everyday basis. Secondly, it can amplify your eyelashes. As it is a primer it provides volume, lift and length, which is perfect for a night out. Lastly, it sets your eyelashes because as it is water resistant, it helps to reduce smudging and flaking.
Lastly, the new mascara primer which has yet to come on the market (it will be released on 26th December) is the Benefit They're Real tinted primer. It is a mink-brown primer which gives a natural look to your lashes. It has the same wand as the original They're Real mascara, which has the ball tip to help grip those smaller lashes. As it is tinted, it provides some colour to your lashes whilst also defining your eyelashes for a feathery look. Again, you can wear this alone for a softer look or you can wear it under your mascara for an extra boost and separation. It is water resistant, which I expect no less as the original They're Real mascara can sometimes be a pain to remove.

I have used the Urban Decay Subversion primer, which is the cheapest from the bunch, for the last couple of months and I can see a difference in my eyelashes. I have noticed that my eyelashes do not fall out as often and I feel as if they have even grown a little! Also, as it is white, it does not make my eyelashes turn grey after applying mascara - I was really surprised with this! The Estée Lauder Little Black primer is definitely one for adding extra volume to your lashes. It makes them look so thick!

Using lash primers definitely does make a difference to your lashes. Whilst it adds length and volume, it does not make my lashes look clumpy and as if I have applied a ton of mascara. So, are they worth it? Yes, if you have sparse looking lashes (like I do!) and want an extra boost. I have yet to use the Benefit They're Real tinted primer, but I will write a whole dedicated post to this to see if it really 'worth it'.

Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer // £18.50

6 comments:

  1. I never really tried a lash primer before. I have to try ALL of these!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never considered using a primer. I'm quite lucky and have pretty long lashes already. But would be wiling to give one a try! Maybe it will give me a falsies effect.

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tends to give my lashes a falsies effect. Definitely adds a little something :D x

      Delete
  3. I've tried the Subversion primer and I didn't think it made much of a difference under the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, but weirdly it does under other mascaras! Lovely post :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that it gave a lot of volume, but that was about it. Under other mascaras, it's fab too! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x