Tuesday, 8 December 2015

MONTHLY BUYS #3

This past month I have been trying not to spend so much. With Boxing Day soon approaching, there are some things that I want to get my hands on but I know they will be on sale, so why not save a few pennies?! That being said, I only purchase a few beauty items, and whilst some are not very interesting I still thought I would share them with you all.
First up is a repurchased of the MAC Complete Comfort Cream. This has soon become my ultimate favourite moisturiser. If you have dry skin then I highly recommend trying this out. I have posted a separate and more detailed post here if you want to read about it, in more detail. When I brought this, I also picked up the TooFaced Long-lasting Nude lipstick set. It contains two deluxe samples of the Melted lipstick in melted nude and the Love Flush blush in love hangover. Whilst the blush reminds me of the NARS Orgasm blush, the melted lipstick was the one that I was looking forward to trying. It is peachy nude shade and unlike other liquid lipsticks I've tried, this did not dry out my lips. I'm definitely going to check out other shades in the range because it wore so well.
I mentioned in my Round Up for November, that I picked up the new Anastasia Bev. Hills Self Made palette. When I first saw this, I was not completely sold but all that changed when it sold out on CultBeauty and I HAD to have it. I managed to get my hands on it and I'm so glad I picked it up. It contains 14 shades, whereas the previous ABH palettes have 12, and they are all very much different to anything I already have. The shades Blush, Isla and Sherbert are stunning and I cannot wait to wear them.

A cult favourite in the beauty community is the PIXI Glow Tonic, I decided to pick it up when ASOS had 20% off for students and I can see what people are talking about now. It really does cleanse your skin and any 'under the skin bumps' I had, are now gone. I noticed that when I did try it, I did break out (a lot) so because of that, I've stopped using it for the last week. I don't know if that's because it is working or I reacted pretty badly to it. I'm going to try it again soon and I will have a full review soon.

What have you brought this past month? And what is on your wishlist for Christmas?? I have no idea what I want and I need ideas - haha!

TooFaced Long-lasting Nude lipstick set // £12
PIXI Glow Tonic // £18

14 comments:

  1. Love Pixi Glow Tonic! I have the Too Faced mini liquid lip and blush set on my Christmas list!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The TF liquid lipstick is amazing, I've been using it (nearly) everyday since and it lasts for ages on the lips! x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the pixi glow tonic I feel I am the only blogger without lol! I hope it doesn't break me out like it has for you
    gillmclaughlin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I felt like that too but then I decided to just pick it up. I haven't tried it in a while but I should to see if it did break me out. x

      Delete
  3. you've picked up some amazing things!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what happened to me with the Pixi Glow tonic, so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I really want to like it tho seeing as it was £18!

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I want to like it but I don't know how I feel about it yet x

      Delete
  5. Lovely picks! I really would like to try some Too Faced melted lippies, they look gorgeous!!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try out more from the range, the colour selection looks amazing! x

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried Glow Tonic...really want to try it but worried it might break me out :( I might have to keep pondering about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it and see how it goes? I need to try it again to see if it broke me out or not. x

      Delete
  7. I love seeing what other people have been buying, I think these posts are a brilliant idea. And I really wanna try some of the Pixi products!

    Victoria | dearvictoriax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you're liking them :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x