Saturday, 5 December 2015

THE ROUND UP | NOVEMBER 2015

With it being colder than usual, I have changed up my routine a little. By doing so, I discovered a few old favourites and a couple of new favourites too. I have been trying to rotate my products every few weeks now, just so I can actually use my products, instead of them just sitting in a drawer, gathering dust.
Whilst I love perfume, I have a lot and even though I really like every single of them, I only reach for a few. So for the past month, I have been trying to use up my perfumes (I finally finished my bottle of the Taylor Swift Wonderstruck perfume and I've nearly finished my bottle of the Vera Wang Lovestruck perfume too!). The one bottle that I have been loving, and not necessarily trying to use up (because I just brought it!) is the new Stella by Stella McCartney EDT. I brought this way back in April, and even though I have used it here and there. It was not until this month when I was reaching for it every time I went out. It is similar to the original, but definitely a lot fresher and more citrus based. If you're looking for a new perfume, then check this out! Plus the bottle is adorable!
As I have rotated my make up, I discovered a new mascara love. The Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye mascara is one that I did not think much of when I received it in the post as a GWP. I have been putting it off from trying it and I don't know why!? It makes my lashes look fuller and thicker, but without making it look clumpy. It's very easy to remove and I have found that it does not transfer on my under eye area throughout the day. 
The Anastasia Bev. Hills Shadow Couture World Traveller palette has been my go-to, whenever I go out. I have been obsessed with the shades 'Morocco' and 'Fudge', both of which are very warm and are perfect to apply in the crease. These are very different to any other eyeshadows I have in my collection, so I'm glad I picked it up when I did. They are incredibly pigmented and they blend like a dream. Unfortunately, it is not available anymore but there is a new palette out at the moment (which I also picked up and will be featured in a post soon) but I think you can buy it individually

Still sticking with make up, an old favourite I rediscovered this month is the Urban Decay Afterglow 8 Hour blush in Fetish. It is a medium pinky nude, with a matte finish. As it is a neutral blush, it is not overpowering and it goes with any make up look. The formula is amazing, it is very fine and it blends like a dream too. As it is fine, it does not look cakey on the skin and can be built up. I highly recommend these blushes and whilst I only have this shade, I will be sure to buy some more in the future. Another powder product, but one that is a new discovery is the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing powder. Normally, powder can look very cakey on the skin if you apply throughout the day, but this does the complete opposite. It makes your skin look smoother and softer. It helps to reduce the appearance of pores, along with taking away any shine. As this is a small sample size, I've been using it on the go, for touch ups throughout the day.

As you can see, I have been trying out a ton of new products and I definitely going to rotate my 'everyday' make up a lot more often. In fact, I'm thinking of starting another new series on my blog based around this, let me know if you're interested! What have you been loving this past month??

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of the UD blusher, what a lovely shade for winter! I really like the sound of the Stella perfume too, and the bottle is so pretty <3

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk
    via the #bbloggers chat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing it every day this month, it's just a wearable shade! x

      Delete
  2. This palette looks amazing such a shame its no longer available lovely favourites!

    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely palette, I think you can buy the shades individually - if any took your fancy :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x