Friday, 15 January 2016

BENEFIT COSMETICS PORE-FESSIONAL MATTE RESCUE - #RISEANDPRIME

Last week I had a chance to have breakfast with Benefit along with checking out their latest releases for their Pore-fessional range, which is set to launch at the end of the month. Now I'm a huge fan of both the Pore-fessional primer and Benefit Cosmetics as an overall brand, so it was a no-brainer that I would be interested in what they had in store. Benefit have created two new products to their Pore-fessional range, the first being the Pore-fessional Matte Rescue Invisible Mattifying Gel* and the Pore-fessional Instant Wipeout masks*.
The Pore-fessional Matte Rescue Invisible Mattifying Gel* is definitely something different, in fact I have never tried anything like it, so I was definitely intrigued. It is a lightweight water-based gel primer, which is applied to clean skin before make up, or you can even wear this alone. It is said to 'instantly overpower shine and absorb excess surface oil' whilst giving the skin a 'natural-looking matte finish'. I prefer my skin to look dewy, rather than looking matte but my t-zone has always looked a little 'too dewy' for my liking so the idea that it absorbs excess surface oil, sounds great!

As I have dry skin, I tend to have a few dry patches especially as the weather has dropped, and I have found that as this is a water-based formula, it adds extra hydration to my skin, whilst also leaving my skin feeling smooth, softer and moisturised. It does not feel like it is being striped of it's essential oils nor does it feel tight/irritated. To make the Pore-fessional Matte Rescue Invisible Mattifying Gel* a little extra special, they added a special ingredient, which is diamond powder, and it is known for it's soft focused and refines your pores! Plus it smells amazing and a little goes a long way!
The Pore-fessional Instant Wipeout masks* is probably the one thing I am the most excited to use. I enjoy using traditional pore strips, and the great thing about these, is that there is nothing like it on the market! It comes with eight individually packaged strips, which you press the button to release the formula, which contains mushroom extract as it is said to help clarify pores, into the mask. Like I said before, I have never seen anything like this before and it just screams Benefit, as it is just so quirky and I love it! 

You simply apply the smooth side to either the nose, forehead or chin (or anywhere else you want!), and after applying it for the suggested 5 minutes, you can use the textured side to help exfoliate the skin and to remove any impurities in your pores, which is great if you have clogged pores or even enlarged pores. It is a little pricy for what it is, but I feel like it is not something I will use every other week or so and with eight strips, I feel like it will last a pretty long time.

The Pore-fessional Matte Rescue Invisible Mattifying Gel* and the Pore-fessional Instant Wipeout masks* will be available to buy exclusively from Benefit's website on the 15th January and then they will be available to buy in store on the 30th January.

5 comments:

  1. I was so gutted I wasn't able to attend the event on Monday, it looked lovely! Also loving the sound of the new products as the Porefessional range is one of my all time favourites. As someone with enlarged pores I have high hopes for the pore strips!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It would've been lovely to have met you in person! Maybe next time? x

      Delete
  2. This stuff sounds amazing, I will have to pick some up and try it myself :)

    With love,
    Alisha Valerie. x

    My Blog: http://alishavalerie.blogspot.co.uk
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/saidbyalisha
    My Instagram: http://instagram.com/alisha.valerie
    My Snapchat Username: alishavalerie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x