Sunday, 24 January 2016

FIGHTING BLEMISHES OVERNIGHT


This past month, my skin has broken out like crazy. I put it down to my diet AKA all the sweets I've been eating at work and of course, 'that time of the month'. Having said that, I have finally found a combination of products that I feel really work well for my skin.

The Dermalogica Clear Start Breakout Clearing Overnight Treatment is one I have been using for just over a year now, and whilst it is on it's last legs, it just works. It has a serum like consistency, leaning towards a gel texture. It is a strange product, but it does not irritate my sensitive skin and it actually helps to keep my skin from getting dry overnight. It sinks into your skin within minutes, so you do not feel oily nor greasy.  The Mario Badescu Drying Lotion has been my go to at fighting blemishes. It contains Salicylic Acid along with calamine and whilst it does look a little odd when you first apply it to your skin, it really works at getting down and calming those angry spots. It aims to dry out blemishes which helps to clear any whiteheads or any under the skin spots/bumps, and by using this every night, any pesky breakouts I may have had disappear within days if not straight away!

The combination of these two products practically makes any blemish disappear overnight and my skin feels a lot more softer and smoother. Having used both products for years, I can officially say that I cannot live without them! They are truly my 'holy grail' spot treatments to use at night.

What do you use to get rid of your breakouts?

8 comments:

  1. I've never heard of either of these products so thank you for sharing! I'm always on the lookout for more ways to better my blemishes!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jodie, definitely check them out! :)

      Delete
  2. These both sounds really interesting, anything to banish those pesky spots over night is what I need!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally need this product in my life. Thanks for sharing
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thanks for talking about these products :) btw do you put these on before or after toning and moisturizing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put these on before moisturising :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x