Monday, 18 January 2016

THE ROUND UP || THE BEST OF 2015 - PART ONE

Hello everyone! Long time no post! I hope you had a wonderful start to the new year, for me 2015 has really flown by and when I thought about the products that really stood out to me, it was difficult. I have not discovered that many products compared to my 2014 round up. Although, all the products which stood out are relatively new so I thought I should still mention it, even though it is mid-January! I will be splitting this post into two, so be sure to keep an eye out for my skincare etc favourites in the next couple of days.
My favourite foundation this year was the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation (shade: medium 7). This is one of the only foundations I have discovered which really suits my skin tone. It does not make my skin look pink after applying it (which most do!) and it covers my redness easily. The Urban Decay Afterglow blushes were probably my favourite release for blushes this year. I only have one shade (Fetish), which is a neutral everyday blush. It was the one blush I would reach and I knew it would go with any look I was wearing. My go-to blush for the summer was no other than the Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach Pop. This is a baked product and it glides on the skin so easily without looking like it is too much. I will definitely pick up a few more shades. For brows, it has to be the Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil in Hot Chocolate. You know a product is your HG when you run out to go and buy it again, the next day. This happened to me. It matches my brows perfectly and it is just so easy to use. It helps to define my brows and cover up any sparse areas I may have, I will definitely continue to repurchase it.
It is no surprise that my favourite bronzer this year was the MAC Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder in Delicates. Again, this just suits my skin perfectly. It is not too red, too orange or too green so it adds colour back into my skin, naturally. Unfortunately it was limited edition, but I feel like it would be re-promoted. Another no surprise, is the Bobbi Brown corrector in Peach. I picked this up in October and I have been using it every single day. It covers my dark circles, it does not crease on me nor does it fade throughout the day. It's an amazing product! For eyeshadows, it has to be the Anastasia Beverly Hills palettes. Again, these are limited edition BUT you can buy the shades individually. They are incredibly pigmented and are very easy to blend.
Lastly for lip products, it was a little difficult for me to choose my favourites. I brought quite a few of liquid lipsticks and whilst I really do enjoy them, none really stood out for me. I then had to think what did I keep wearing and that had to be Benefit Lollibalm. This is a lip balm which has a pink tint to it. It instantly moisturises my lips and as it is a balm, I do not need a mirror to apply it. It adds some colour and is perfect to chuck in your bag. I am nearly towards the end of this and I need to pick up another one soon!
My favourite lipstick which I wore throughout the summer was MAC Speeddial. Again, this is a wearable pink which looks amazing on everyone. I wore this throughout August and it was what I wore for every wedding I went to! My go to lip pencil was MAC Subculture, it is the perfect nude lipliner for myself and it does not dry out my lips. It goes with nearly every lip colour I wear. As the weather has gotten colder, my favourite lip products were from NARS. The first is NARS Sex Machine, which is a velvet matte finish but it is my fail safe lip option. It just goes with every make up look! The second is NARS Rikugien, which was a new addition to my NARS collection, is similar  but it just has a slight sheen to it and is a little bit more comfortable to wear on the lips.

I feel like last year I found the products which I really like and I know I will continue to use in years to come (unless I find something better!). Like I said before, make sure you're following me to keep up to date with new posts, especially my 2015 skincare/haircare/etc favourites! What were your standout products for 2015??

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. NARS is just an amazing brand - their lip products are lovely too! x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Charlotte Tilbury foundation!
    Great post!

    Sophie x
    www.booksandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go, it matches me perfectly! x

      Delete
  3. I love a good lip pencil, the NARS ones look gorgeous! I also love the sound of the Charlotte Tilbury foundation :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been really wanting to try some Nars lip products! They all look amazing!

    imperfectlyrachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just do it! Haha! I promise you they are worth it :) x

      Delete
  5. I'm still yet to try any high end brand other than MAC. I see so many bloggers discussing new lip products from particular brands but I'm always put off when I go into the store.

    Lovely post.

    Emma Louise // owlsandstags.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give NARS a go. I have so many lip products from the brand and they're one of my favourites :) x

      Delete
  6. Great round up! So many products I would love to try x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x