Sunday, 31 January 2016

THE ROUND UP || THE BEST OF 2015 - PART TWO

If you read part one of The Round Up | The Best of 2015, then you will know that I mentioned I was going to post a part two. Well here it is and I feel like most of you will find new products..
Starting off with hair, I brought the SpaceNK beauty box in May(?) and inside was a (travel size) bottle of Oribe Gold Lust hair oil. It is around £30 (for the travel size) and so it is an expensive product BUT believe me when I say that it has changed my hair dramatically. Infused with Jasmine, Edelweiss flower, Lychee, Sandalwood, Cassis, Bergamot and Argan extracts, it really conditions my hair. My hair (like my skin!) is dry, especially the ends so when I find a product that makes my hair feel and look healthier then I'm all for it! Unlike most oils, my hair does not feel like it is just coated and it just feels nourished. I have noticed I have less split ends and breakage, because it is pricy, I use a few drops every other week or so and my hair still feels as soft as it did when I first applied it. Another haircare favourite was the Bumble and Bumble Invisible Hairdresser's conditioner, which I finished so it's not pictured but it was definitely a great product. My favourite perfume of 2015 is the Marc Jacobs Decadence EDP. It is definitely different to anything I have in my collection and it is a very strong, even masculine, perfume but for some odd reason, I really like it! It changes after a while and it lasts for ages on the skin. The GlamGlow Youthmud mask was my favourite mask for 2015, it is different as it contains tiny exfoliants which helps to get rid of any impurities which may be on the skin. I cannot say enough more about this mask other than I love it and you need to try it!
2015 was definitely the year of skincare for me, I did not really discover too many make up products because I feel like I know what I like and nothing really stood out to me. The MAC Complete Comfort creme has been my go to moisturiser for the past couple of months. I feel like I keep talking about this on my blog but honestly it has changed my dry skin dramatically. It feels softer, more supple and hydrated. If you suffer from dry skin, then definitely check this out. Sticking with MAC, the MAC Fix+ was the one product I kept coming back to. I've been using it after doing my make up to help everything look more natural and less cakey, and sometimes I've even been using it on days when I don't wear make up! It instantly hydrates the skin and it does not break me out.

In terms of removing my make up, I rediscovered the Liz Earle cleanse and polish. I have no idea why I stopped using this and when I skin freaked out earlier last year, I went straight to this. It calmed my skin and any patches of eczema I may have had, disappeared. Sticking with cleansers, I discovered oil cleansers and whilst I really enjoyed the Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool cleanser, you just cannot get your hands on it very easily, here in the UK so the BareMinerals Mineralixirs cleansing oil, was the next best thing. It breaks down my make up effortlessly, without leaving a greasy film on my skin. As it is an oil, I feel as if it helps to hydrate the skin too. A definite favourite and a little goes a long way, so I feel like it will last me months.

What were your favourite skincare products of 2015? Is there anything I need to try?

4 comments:

  1. I love that Marc Jacobs perfume the packaging is amazing! i love how its like a little bag

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing perfume! It literally lasts all day and I even find that the next day, the scent is still lingering on my clothes.

      Delete
  2. That Marc Jacobs perfume looks incredible! Such a cute design :)

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! MJ can do no wrong when it comes to his perfumes x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x