Thursday, 21 January 2016

URBAN DECAY X GWEN STEFANI PALETTE

I briefly mentioned the limited edition Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani palette in my (Extremely) Last Minute Gift Ideas: For Her, and I thought I should actually dedicate a whole post to it!
Let's start with the packaging. It's definitely different to any eyeshadow palette I've ever seen and I love it! With it's white and black graphic detailing and golden bronze hardware, it's definitely up there with my favourite packaging. Inside, it contains 15 eyeshadows, 12 of which are limited edition and were designed by Gwen Stefani herself and 3 are repromotes but I can look past it, because this palette is just so wearable even though it has a few pops of colour in it! 
As you can see the shadows are incredible pigmented and they feel so buttery soft when applied to your lids, like all Urban Decay shadows I have ever tried. There are an assortment of neutrals inside the palette, which is the one thing I like about this palette because it means that I can create so many different looks with just one palette. Danger, which is a royal blue, will look amazing on the lower lash line and whist Harajuku looks a little scary as it is a pink eyeshadow, I'm excited to play with it. Blackout, which is a repromote, is probably the darkest black matte eyeshadow I have ever used and the fact that it is included in this palette is great because I can use it for so many different reasons! Pop, Steady and Baby look amazing on the lids and you can pretty much use any of the neutral shades in the crease. 
When you buy the palette, Urban Decay have also included a small selection of the soon to be release UD x Gwen Stefani lipstick shades too! Rocksteady is a deep burgundy with a glossy finish. This is extremely opaque and although I never really wear dark colours, I love this shade! 714 is true bright red matte lipstick. It's definitely not unique but it's a lovely shade nonetheless. Ex-Girlfriend has a sheer finish, which I was a little disappointed with because it did not really show up on my lips. It is a rosy peach which has fine golden shimmer running through it. Whilst I liked it, I do not know if I will buy it. Firebird is a deep fuchsia which has an iridescent like shimmer to it. It's definitely different to anything I have in my collection and whilst I do like the colour, I don't think I will wear it as it's just not me. 

The Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani palette is already out and as it is limited edition, I feel like it will sell out pretty soon. Urban Decay are also releasing a range of lipsticks, lip pencils, a blush palette along with a brow box (in the shade blonde) so definitely be on the look out for that in the next couple of weeks.


4 comments:

  1. I love this palette so much! I try and use it as much as I can but because its so pretty, I feel guilty using it.
    Great post.

    Sophie x
    www.booksandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but it's so wearable! I'm loving all the shades! x

      Delete
  2. This palette is beautiful, I've been lusting after it but not took the plunge yet.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x