Wednesday, 3 February 2016

NOURISHING FACE MASKS

When you've suffered from dry skin your whole life, you know what works and what doesn't. Now that Winter is in full effect, my skin has taken a huge toll and I literally slather my skin in anything that helps to bring the moisture back in. I've been using two different face masks to help bring my skin back to normal, look healthier and to just not feel irritated/tight.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal mask is new in my collection. It helps to rehydrate and soothe the skin within about 10 minutes or so. The fact that it contains oats (Colloidal oatmeal and Avena Sativa oat bran) really intrigued me, but it is said to have botanical antioxidants and it helps to nourish the skin by repairing and reviving the skin. I've noticed if I have any dry patches, this mask helps to make them disappear which means it's great in my books. It is very calm face mask but it is also extremely effective, as any patches of eczema I may have on my face is relieved and the inflammation is reduced too! 
The Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask has probably been one of my favourites for the last couple of months. A little goes a long way so I've barely made a dent in the tube. The manuka honey helps to instantly draw moisture back into the skin, so it feels a lot more hydrated and softer. Plus it smells amazing! It does have a slight vanilla scent to it, but it is also very citrus-y so whenever I apply it on my skin, I feel as if I'm in a spa. I've also noticed that if I have any breakouts on my skin, this mask helps to soothe it down and even get rid of them!

Unlike clay masks, which can feel very tight on the skin after a few minutes, these do not. I tend to leave them on for 15+ minutes and my skin does not feel tight/irritated at all! What are your favourite nourishing face masks??

4 comments:

  1. I love face masks but sometimes its hard to find the right one for your skin type!Both of these sound so good, I'll have to check them out x

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both sound amazing and my face is in real need of a a moisture boost, at the moment! I'll definitely keep an eye out for these masks next time I'm having a skincare splurge!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame the cold weather but these have helped my skin a lot this season x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x