Monday, 8 February 2016

THE ROUND UP | JANUARY 2016

2016 has been a good to me so far. There have been a ton of great opportunities so far and I cannot believe it and I feel so lucky to have had a chance experience new things along with working with one of my favourite brands ever! Without making this post even longer, it might be better to save this for a separate post and focus more on my beauty favourites for the month of January.
Whenever the weather drops, my skin takes a huge toll. It becomes tight and I often find dry patches on my cheeks, and whilst I love using this cream, it did not really help with my dry patches. A few weeks ago, I stopped by Benefit and I picked up the Total Moisture Facial Cream. This has honestly changed my skin. It is a very thick and luxurious feeling cream, which is infused with mango butter for that extra little bit of moisture, and if you suffer from dry skin or just want a thick moisturiser, then you need to get this! I've had it for just over a month now and I've barely made a dent in it. Another product is the Benefit Matte Rescue*, which is a new addition to the PORE-fessional range. I've been applying this on my T-zone and I've noticed that I am not shiny throughout the day! I no longer need to powder/blot and let me tell you, it's pretty amazing! It is all down to this little tube of matte wonder-ness and I cannot recommend it enough!
Another moisturising product I (re)discovered this past month was the Neal's Yard Bee Lovely hand cream. I've been applying this at night and in the morning, my hands feel so much more softer and smoother,  also my cuticles look a lot healthier. Now I'm normally not one to splurge on hand cream since I only use it when I feel like I need it and when I remember, but if you're looking for a new thick moisturiser, then this is a great one!
I feel like I have not mentioned make up brushes on my blog in a long time! In fact it was probably a year ago but I have to talk about this brush. I picked up the Real Techniques Bold Metals brush set in December and the large angled powder brush has been the stand out brush for me. It is extremely soft and it is so large that you cannot contour with it but it is perfect for applying bronzer all over. I simply sweep this across my face twice and I'm done.

The only make up product I've been loving this month was the Stila Smudge Stick in Stingray. Now I have a ton of eyeliners and I'm trying to use them all up before I go out and buy more so I am making it a point to use things up. I've had a few Stila Smudge Sticks before and whilst I do not like how you cannot twist the product back down, because the product is so soft and creamy, they are amazing eyeliners! Stingray is a true pure black eyeliner and I've been using it to tightline, and it literally stays all day. I find no need to touch up or re-apply throughout the day and it does not transfer either! If you're looking for a new black eyeliner (or any shade because Stila have an amazing range!) then I highly recommend these!


What have you been loving this past month??

2 comments:

  1. Luck you getting the RT bold metals brush set! They're sooo pretty and I really want to get some but i have perfectly good brushes right now so I really shouldn't splurge on new ones haha oh well *heart breaks*

    lovely post,
    Daizy from| www.ZyaandDaizy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I managed to get it less than half price! Definitely worth it, although I don't think I'd pay full price for one of the brushes - they're a little pricey and I have way too many brushes - haha! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x