Thursday, 10 March 2016

TOP 5: CALLING ALL THE NUDES...

Hello! Long time no blog! I've been super busy with work and by the time I get home, the sun has gone down and I'm just really tired. However, I have took a ton of photos on the weekend, so I should have posts up more regularly..again!
Today, I thought I would show you all my favourite five nude liners, which fall into different price ranges. Now I love a good nude lip liner as much as the next person but there's something about nude lip liners that just grabs my attention. I have so many nude liners yet I still use my favourites and I still buy more!
Now, I've tried a lot and I feel like I know what I like when it comes to nude liners. The texture, longevity and pigmentation is all key when choosing a liner (for me anyways!) and I've noticed that just because something is cheaper, doesn't mean it lacks quality.
The New Look Pure Colour liner is a prime example. It is so creamy and doesn't tug on the lips at all. It lasts for a few hours and it does not dry out my lips either, which is a huge bonus for me! Another cheaper alternative is the NYX lipliner pencil in Natural. Now I think this has been discontinued as I can't find it online anywhere, but it's an amazing liner and I need to check the rest of the range out!
One of my all time favourites is MAC Subculture lip liner. It is the perfect nude for my lip colour and it lasts for hours too! The only 'bad' thing I would say, is that it tends to dry out a little if you haven't used it in a while but nothing a little warming up on the back of your hand won't fix. A slightly light nude is the Make Up ForEver liner in 1C, I love these types of liners because they are so creamy! They don't tug on the lips and they feel moisturising too.

The Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani liner in Ex-Girlfriend, is a new one to my collection. When I saw the Gwen Stefani lip collection, I was not really excited about it. It contains some amazing shades of red, pink and even purple but that's not me. I don't wear bright shades regularly so when I tried the nude lipstick, I was disappointed a little because it was a sheer formula. So I opted for the liner instead and let me tell you IT. IS. AMAZING! It doesn't tug on the lips at all and as it is their 24/7 formula, the longevity is amazing too! It does not dry out my lips, and I feel like that is the jojoba oil and cottonseed oil, which is in the formula. It does not settle into any fine lines or smear.

I know from the swatches above, they all look the same but I promise you..they're all different!! What is your favourite nude liner??

NYX Lipliner // £3
MAC Lipliner // £12.50

10 comments:

  1. I've been so into nude lip liners recently too. There's a Lord & Berry Nude Lipliner #3035 that's my current favourite! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried anything from Lord & Berry, I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the rec! x

      Delete
  2. These are all gorgeous! MAC Subculture is my most-used lipliner when I'm wearing a pinky-nude lip, but I haven't tried any of the others. Fingers crossed I manage to track down NYX Natural sometime though, as it's my favourite of your picks and it'd be such a shame for it to be discontinued!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NYX liner is amazing! I managed to pick up another from Amazon the other day :) x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They do! They're so affordable too! x

      Delete
  4. These are lovely! I'm not a bright lip wearer really either so definitely always looking out for the 'perfect nude'. I have the Gwen Stefani combo in Ex Girlfriend and it is my absolute favourite! Tempted to buy a backup though as I'm not sure how much longer they will be on sale! haha

    Jordan | JordanCourtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think I might even get a back up too! It's a great nude :) x

      Delete
  5. I didn't even know New Look had a make-up range, I'm so behind the times! This post just goes to show that you don't have to spend a fortune on certain products as some of the cheaper offerings work just as well. I really love Antique Rose from GOSH - it's by far the best lipliner I've ever used x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! It wasn't until a few months ago I popped in store and saw a stand near the checkout. They're pretty great quality for the price x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x