Sunday, 13 March 2016

THE ROUND UP | FEBRUARY 2016

 
It feels like it has been ages since I have written a favourites post. As I tend to keep using the same products, I feel like I never have any products to talk about until I actually look at what I've been using, and it's only then I realise I actually have enough write a post, and so on to what I have been loving for the month of February!
As I have started a new job recently, I tend to keep a few make up products in my bag for touch ups. Mostly because at 7 in the morning I really cannot be bothered to put on a full face of make up. The Benefit Hello Flawless in the shade honey, has been my go to powder. It is definitely a full coverage powder but it does not look cakey on the skin. I simply dusted this on my t-zone, which has started to become really oily recently (I have no idea why!), and any shine or even redness instantly disappears. I've hit major pan on this so I need to pick up another one soon because it's amazing!
The Sephora Bright Future concealer is a new one for me this month. As I finished quite a few of my favourite concealers, I decided to go through my stash before I brought a new one and that's when I saw this, it is a shade lighter than my natural skintone (I have the shade custard) so I use it to brighten my undereyes and it works! It does not look cakey and it still looks good by the time lunchtime rolls around. I do have to touch up by the end of the day but that's pretty much with any concealer. I'm definitely going to pick it up when I'm in the US at the end of the month.
I needed a new heat protectant this month, and after looking around I decided to pick up the Kérastase Fluidissime MorphoKeratine. I still really don't know what it is exactly for but it smells amazing and it does protect your hair from heat. I have noticed that my hair is less frizzy and more shiny than usual and this is the only product I've changed up so it is definitely doing something to my hair. For nails, my go to shade has been the Formula X nail polish in Impeccable. It is a pinky based nude which is opaque with just one coat. I love this range and I'm definitely going to be picking up some more shades soon.
For skincare this month, I have been using the PIXI Glow Tonic, which I actually brought a few months ago but I didn't really give it a proper try. I've been using it every single day this past month and I understand why everyone loves it. I've noticed that my skin is a lot smoother and my pores are less clogged. I have one pesky milia spot under my eye and I've noticed that the skin around that area has changed, I feel like as the PIXI Glow Tonic contains Glycolic acid, it is helping with that. Although, even though it has been helping with break outs, I broke up horribly this month as I got matched to a foundation and it just did not sit well with my skin, so to help with that I went back to my all time favourite Dermalogica Clear Start overnight treatment. I mentioned this in my fighting blemishes overnight post and it is honestly the best thing ever. I need to pick up another bottle soon!

What have you been loving this past month?? Also, what should I pick up from Sephora?! I need ideas! 

2 comments:

  1. Ah my skin has been acting up lately so I need a new spot treatment too! Lovely roundup!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x