Tuesday, 24 May 2016

3 THINGS: ALL ABOUT THAT (NARS) BASE

Finding a base that does not irritate my skin, look cakey but also provides a decent amount of coverage, is actually quite difficult. The amount of times that I have had to return a base because it broke me out or irritated my skin, is actually quite ridiculous. However the one brand that just seems to work for me is NARS. When I heard that NARS were coming out with a new base, I was all over it. I've been using NARS bases for a few years now and they are always something I reach for whenever I'm in a rush and I do not want to think about what is going to work for me, because I know that these just do the job.
The NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser (in St. Moritz - medium 1) was the first ever base I brought from NARS two years ago! In fact, I have still got the first ever review post I did on it! Like it says on the tube, it is a tinted moisturiser. It covers my redness along with evening out my skin tone, without looking cakey and it just looks like skin. I have never got along with tinted moisturisers and to be honest, I still don't. I find that they are either too dewy that the product slips and slides throughout the day or I can never find my perfect shade. But with this tinted moisturiser, it just stays put. I do not need to set it with a powder (I have dry skin) and it wears well through out the day, without clinging to any dry patches I may have or settling into any lines. Plus, the fact that it has SPF 30, is an added bonus! It is also said to help with the appearance of hyper pigmentation and dark spots.
The NARS Sheer Glow foundation (in Sante Fe - medium 2) has been hyped up in the beauty community for a very long time now and it was not until a few months ago, I finally decided to pick up a bottle. I actually had a hard time finding the right shade for me but in the end I settled with Sante Fe I was told that I'm in between Sante Fe and Barcelona but I found Barcelona to be a bit too dark for me and Stromboli looked a little too yellow so I decided to go for the lighter shade because hey, I can always pile on the bronzer - haha!
The NARS Sheer Glow foundation creates a radiant glowy finish to the skin whilst also providing a medium to full finish. I find that I can build up the coverage on my skin, and it does not look cakey at all! It also makes my skin feel hydrated and more luminous. I now understand why so many people love this foundation and have gone through numerous bottles! The only disadvantage is that it does not come with a pump and you have to buy it separately.
The newbie in my NARS base collection is the new NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint (in St. Moritz - medium 1). At first, I thought this was going to be a replacement of the tinted moisturiser, as it contains the words 'skin tint', however it is a completely different product. It provides medium build able coverage to the skin, without look cakey and being oil-free. As it also contains an SPF 30, it protects your skin from the sun whilst also containing Vitamin C and E. It helps to blur out any imperfections with a 'powerful optical effect' but does not make your skin look completely flat and that's one of the reasons why I really like this product. I like some of my imperfections to show through on a day to day basis but I also like my base to even out my skin and this does just that. The rose fruit extract helps to minimise the appearance of pores along with controlling shine, and especially now since the weather has gotten a lot more warmer, this helps to control any shine that may appear throughout the day.

I did give the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation a go, however it was just a no go with my dry skin, but it did provide a great amount of coverage considering how thin the formula was! Have you tried any NARS bases? What's your favourite?

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser // £29
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation // £31
NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint // £30

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x