Monday, 27 June 2016

FAVOURITE PERFUMES - SPRING/SUMMER FOR 2016

 Ever since I started my blog back in 2012, I tend to write a post dedicated to my favourite perfumes in rotation for that season, and so by sticking to the tradition, I thought it was time to dedicate another post. Sneakily, there is one perfume that has made a come back into this season and I didn't realise until now, as I am writing this post!
 The perfume I am talking about is the Vera Wang Lovestruck EDP. I mentioned this perfume last year in my Summer/Spring perfumes post and by reading that post, it made sense as to why it automatically came into rotation. This is a perfume I purely wear in the Summer! It is incredibly light on the skin, and so it is not overwhelming at all! However, it tends to last throughout the day on the skin, so much so, that after a long day at work I can still smell it.
 One perfume I haven't mentioned on the blog is the Juicy Couture Couture La La. This smells  completely different to the traditional JC perfumes. The top notes are sparklingly mandarin, green apple and red current. The heart notes are lily of the valley, blushing peony, violet leaves and orange flowers. Lastly, the base notes contains a mixture of woods and musk. Honestly, notes mean nothing to me but let me tell you that this perfume lasts for a very long time. Bottled in a typical over the top Juicy Couture style bottle, it looks amazing on your dresser - if you haven't smelt this already, then I'd give a sniff the next time you're near a perfume counter.
 Stella by Stella McCartney EDT, was the one perfume I picked up last year during the Spring/Summer season. I wore this practically everyday and it just smells like Summer for me. I did dedicate a completely separate post to this amazing perfume, if you want to have a read - plus the bottle is just so minimal and stunning!
The new addition to my perfume collection is the Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Blush EDP. To be perfectly honest, no perfume post would be complete if I didn't mention a Marc Jacobs perfume! I absolutely love the Daisy range. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Blush EDP is the new perfume to the collection, which came out earlier this year. It has notes of pink grapefruit, mandarin, apple, freesia, rose, lily of the valley, apricot nectar, cedarwood and lastly, musk. It is definitely different to the original MJ Daisy perfume, as it is very warm on the skin, whilst being fruity and floral.
In terms of longevity, this also lasts for a very long time on the skin and I feel like it gets better throughout the day, as you wear it! Plus the bottle is stunning and just screams summer and Marc Jacobs!

What are your current Spring/Summer perfume picks? I have yet to try a Jo Malone perfume but I'm thinking this is the year I finally give in and buy a bottle! Also, if you wish to have a more in depth post to the new Marc Jacobs perfume, be sure to leave a comment below :)

2 comments:

  1. I've not tried any of these perfumes, they sound lovely, will have to give them a sniff! I've been loving Jo Malone's Blackberry & Fig this summer <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have these perfumes from Juicy Couture and I love them so much! Perfect for summer :)

    http://www.cojograab.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x