Tuesday, 7 June 2016

THE ROUND UP | MARCH, APRIL & MAY 2016

It has been months since I have written a monthly favourites post and the reason for that is, simply because I have not been trying new products/none have really stood out to me/I'm happy with what I'm using at the moment. However, I feel like I have found some cult favourites this past month.
First up is the Sephora 8HR mattifying pressed powder in medium. I brought this last year when I went to Nice and have been using it to set my make up in the morning. As I leave fairly early, I need my make up to last and to stay put throughout the day. This powder has been perfect for that. It sets everything in place without looking cakey, but as it is also finely milled, it just looks like skin. You cannot tell I'm wearing powder and that's the great thing about it! Plus, if I was to ever reapply throughout the day, it does not build up on the skin but it also provides some coverage.
The Benefit Erase Paste* has been the one product that I kept putting off from trying from Benefit. I thought that because it is a thick product, it would look cakey on my dry skin. Boy was I wrong! Erase Paste acts like a corrector for my dark circles. It has an orange tint to it, so it easily covers my dark circles without looking cakey - a little goes a long way! I have the shade 3 (the deepest in the range) and it works great! As it has a thicker texture, it lats longer on the skin too!
The one tool that has really stood out to me has been the Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo foundation brush. This brush is THE perfect brush for when you are in a rush and need to quickly apply your foundation. I have been loving this. It is a fairly large kabuki brush that does not soak up your foundation nor does it leave any streaks on the skin. I cannot talk about this brush anymore except from you all need it in your life!
 It was very hard to find a skincare product that I've been loving but the one product that kept coming into my mind was the PIXI Glow Tonic. I have spoken about this product before but I cannot get enough of it either. It has helped my skin look brighter along with removing any pesky milia spots that I've had for years! It really is something and I can tell a difference in my skin when I am not using it.
The two new products that I have been trying out for the past couple of weeks has been the NYX Matte Liquid Liner and the Marc Jacobs O!Mega Lash Volumising mascara
The NYX Matte Liquid Liner, I'd have to say, is the best liquid liner I have ever tried that gives a matte finish. It has a brush tip applicator (my favourite!) and it helps to create such a sharp wing, that does not fade throughout the day. Nor does it smudge. I have really put this liner to the test, as I can personally say that it can last for 12 hours, without fading. I feel like the only thing I would add to this liner is to make it waterproof. It would then be my ultimate holy grail liner!
The Marc Jacobs O!Mega Lash Volumising mascara has been in my box to try for the past year. I kept putting it off - I have no idea why! But I'm glad I've finally given it a go. It not only adds volume to my sparse lashes but it also adds length. Honestly, I can feel like lashes touching my brow bone whenever I use this mascara, it's really something! Like other high end mascaras I've tried, it does not look special. The wand looks average but as it does have a drier formula (or this maybe because I've had it for some time) it is build able without looking like spider legs.

What have you been loving for the past couple of months? I'm currently on a spending ban because I have spent way too much money and the fact that I have way too many products to finish!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'll have to try the NYX liquid liner! I've been also loving the Pixi Glow Tonic, as I think it's done wonders to my skin! (aaand bloggers have been raving about since literally 2009 haha). I love beauty roundups/ favourites. Oh, and just followed you on bloglovin- I love your blog! xx

    http://wanderlustgirl-kb.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x