Wednesday, 6 July 2016

4 THINGS: HIGHLIGHTERS FOR THE SUMMER

Can you remember a time before highlighting (aka strobing, which is basically the same thing!) or contouring was a thing? Yeah, me neither! I do not do the whole contour-your-face-so-it-looks-like-a-completely-different-shape simply because I cannot contour dramatically and it just looks ridiculous when I try, but the one thing I can do, is apply so much highlight that I look like a disco ball and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it! With Summer soon approaching (which seems impossible at the moment since it rains every single day!) I have been applying more highlight than usual, to fake that glow.
The Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow is the most expensive from my picks. Whilst I love the sculpt side of the duo, the highlight is as equally amazing. With it being on a golden base, it can suit any skin tone. It does not look chunky on the skin and just looks like you are glowing from within. The BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop highlight was the one make up product I was really excited about last year. I signed up to the Sephora waiting list and as soon as it launched, I added it to my basket and after a few days, it was mine! Believe you me, when I say that this is so pigmented that you simply need to tap your brush in the pan and you instantly look like a disco ball. It is such an amazing and flattering highlight, even if you have pale or deeper skin, a must in everyone's make up bag!
The MAC Strobe Cream is, surprisingly, a new product for me. I picked this up a few weeks ago after a recommendation and I have been using it every single day. I like to mix this with my moisturiser for an all over glow and as it has an iridescent sheen, which does not contain chunky glitter, it just makes your skin look healthier.
Another cream based product I have been loving, especially during the warmer months, is the Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow Duo. Again, this has a contour side, which is great for subtle definition, but the highlight shade is amazing! I simply pat this on the high points of my cheek bones and it catches the light effortlessly. As it is a cream based product, it is great if you suffer from dry skin, like myself.

Which highlighters have you been loving for the warmer months? I feel like I need to pick up the Anastasia Beverly Hills illuminators and the BECCA x Jaclyn Hill palette, which contains Prosecco Pop *inserts all the heart emojis!*

MAC Strobe Cream // £24.50

1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to buy the Charlotte Tilbury Palette, its so good!!
    nicole xx
    nicoleannx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x