Monday, 16 January 2017

THE CREAM OF THE CROP | SMASHBOX L.A. LIGHTS TO GO

I haven't tried much from Smashbox. In fact, I think I have only tried a few eyeliners, a lip liner and maybe a mascara? But when I was browsing Boots the other week, I came across the Smashbox L.A Lights To Go kit and needless to say, I was really excited especially the highlighter.
Inside the kit, contains Hollywood & Highlight, which is a stunning light pearl, which literally melts into the skin and makes you look like you are glowing from within. I have to say that I did buy this kit, purely for the highlighter but it really is stunning!! The kit also contains a bronzer, which is the Venice Beach Bronze. It is a shimmery bronze, which is perfect to fake that summer glow. The kit also contains two shades which would be more wearable for your lips and cheeks, the first being Beverly Hills BlushBeverly Hills Blush is a deeper pink which has golden shimmer running through it. Think NARS Orgasm blush, but like any other beauty addict, they will tell you it is different. The second shade is Silver Lake Sunset, which is a peach. It is pretty sheer but on the cheeks, it looks lovely. I can imagine wearing this in the Summer for an effortless make up look.

Now these are only just mini deluxe sizes of the original (the original is 5.8g, whereas these minis are 1.1g) but they are a great way to try a few of the shades from the range. I have tried these as a lip product and I have to say that I prefer these as cheek products, simply because they last a lot longer on the skin. The full size products also come with a sponge tip applicator at the end of the bullet, which is great for touching up on the go!

Have you tried anything from Smashbox lately? I'm currently eyeing up the concealer but I need to figure out what my shade will be. Have you tried it yet?

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you.I really been slacking on Smashbox products but these look interesting.Especially the highlighter (:

    www.cutieandherbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x