Friday, 13 January 2017

THE ROUND UP || THE BEST OF 2016

I have been putting off from posting my ultimate favourites from the year of 2016, simply because it was hard to narrow down my favourites. I tried so many different products last year and whilst I liked the majority, nothing really made me go 'wow!'. Although, I have managed to grab sixteen of my favourite products from the year of 2016, so let's get straight into it..
Starting off with skincare, my favourite moisturiser from last year is probably no surprise to you all if you have been following me for a while, and that is the Benefit Total Moisture cream. Specifically for those who suffer with dry skin, this is an extremely thick and nourishing face cream, which instantly sinks into the skin. I am currently on my 3rd jar (or maybe it's my 4th!) and say nothing but thank you to Lauren for introducing this to me.
2016 was the year of the PIXI Glow Tonic for me. I finally gave it a go and I can see why people love it! It brightens your skin, without stripping it and if you suffer from milia, then this will help with that! The Boscia peel off masks were probably my favourite masks from last year. They are a lazy girl's dream mask and there is something satisfying about peeling off a mask, I can't explain it! The Oskia Renaissance Cleansing gel, was the one cleanser that my skin loved. It did not irritate my skin but it removed every ounce of makeup. An ultimate HG product! In terms of an exfoliate, the BareMinerals Skinsorials Mix. Exfoliate. Smooth. was my favourite. This can be added into any cleanser of your choice and because it contains both finer and coarser grains, it really gets down at making your skin smoother and getting rid of any dry patches.
On to my makeup favourites from last year and my favourite palette was the Anastasia Beverly Hills Master palette by Mario. It contains a wide variety of warm tones along with some mattes and shimmers. Whilst this came out towards the end of the year, this was my go to palette and still is my go to palette. If I wanted a dark smokey eye, or an everyday matte look, this was the palette for me. The shadows are incredibly pigmented, creamy and are an absolute dream to blend.
The STILA Stay All Day eyeliner in Intense Black, was my favourite eyeliner. I've been wearing this practically every day since I got it and it really does stay all day without flaking, fading or smudging on me. 2016 was probably the year of correctors for myself, I struggle with fairly dark under eye circles so if something can counteract it, I'm all for it! Thanks to Amy over at Benefit (in Covent Garden), she introduced me to Benefit Erase Paste. I have always overlooked this product because I didn't realise I could use it as a corrector! I use the shade 'deep' and whilst it is too orange for my skin, it definitely works wonders at concealing and cancelling out the darkness.
My favourite face powder of last year was (and still is) the Sephora 8 Hour Mattifying powder. I hit pan towards the end of the year and considering I used this every single day for the entire year, I would say that's pretty good! It is not full coverage at all, but it helps to set my concealer and I can reapply this throughout the day without looking cakey. The NARS Laguna bronzer was a rediscovery for me this year. I finished my favourite MAC bronzer and I struggled to find a product which was comparable. I decided to have a look through my make up stash before I ran out and brought a new bronzer and came across Laguna. I do not understand why I stopped using this, it is an amazing product and I can't say anything more about it!
The Buxom lip products were my favourite lip products this year. I picked these up when I was in Vegas last year and I wish I picked up more! They are incredibly creamy and just glide on your lips without tugging. Plus the lip cream in White Russian (which I know is a favourite for most people) was my ultimate go to lip gloss, no matter what look I was going for. Plus it plumps up your lips, which is a nice added touch.
My favourite hair brand of last year was Kératase. I first picked up the Kératase Fluidissime spray, which essentially is an anti-frizz spray. My hair became very frizzy last year, so I needed something which would have helped with that and this was the product that did so. It is a leave in product so I apply it when my hair is damp and sometimes I blow dry my hair afterwards but mostly, I let it air dry. This also is a heat protectant, which is amazing because I tend to straighten my hair alot! The Kératase Densifique shampoo and conditioner were recommended to me by my hair stylist. My hair can be quiet flat at times and this really helps to add more body and volume to my hair. It's absolute amazing! Also, my favourite tool from last year was my compact TangleTeezer. I love this original and I use it every single day, so a compact version was a no brainer. I keep this in my bag and as my hair tends to be really knotty, this helps to brush through those knots without breaking my hair.
Lastly, nails. My favourite nail polish brand this year is probably no surprise to anyone who knows me in real life. I rave about the Sephora Formula X nail polishes, so much so that I currently have three back ups of the top coat because I love it that much! They opaque within just one or two coats and they last on my nails for days (usually up to a week!). The Formula X ranges from mattes, cremes to shimmers and glitters. They are amazing and I wish they were more readily available here in the UK. My other nail favourite is the Red Carpet Gel Manicure set. I picked this up when it was my birthday back in September, and I feel like I was more swayed because of the limited edition Cinderella packaging...I mean, is it just stunning!!
I have never tried gel manicure at home but I enjoy getting it done, so when I saw this I just picked it up. I can honestly say that this makes no difference in terms of longevity than if you were to get your gel nails done in a salon. I can have the gel on for over two weeks, sometimes three weeks but I normally get bored of the shade and I like to change it up often.

So that's it! These are my favourite products from the year of 2016 and I do feel like I have missed out a few products but if I did, then I will mention them in my January 2017 favourites at the end of the month. What were your favourite stand out products for 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x