Monday, 2 January 2017

THE SEPHORA HAUL | CHRISTMAS x LILLE EDITION 2016

 Last year (wow that feels weird to say!), I went to Lille for work and whilst I was in Lille, my first point of call was going to the mothership Sephora! And I know what you're all thinking, another Sephora haul?! But you just posted one! Your last post was a Sephora haul too!! And I know, I have a problem but it's a mini haul...minuscule! And I wanted to get it up because a few people have been asking what I brought on Twitter and Instagram (follow me!). 
So onto the haul, the Sephora I went into was pretty small but I managed to pick up everything I wanted. I have been going through my entire beauty stash and I have made it a point of using everything up. I still do not understand how I have 6 bottles of hairspray, when I don't use it on a daily basis?! I first picked up two more bottles of my favourite topcoat by Formula X. I already had a spare but I thought I'd get two more bottles because I wouldn't know what to do when I have run out! The Formula X top coat is very glossy but it dries very fast. It makes your manicure almost gel like, and I especially like that it makes my manicure last a lot longer. I can go with about a week without any chipping or fading, which is great!!
I then went past the Marc Jacobs stall and whilst eyeing everything up, I remember testing the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel foundation when I was in Vegas and liking it, but they didn't have my shade. Thankfully, they had my shade and I have been using it every day since. It is a very dewy foundation, which doesn't even feel like foundation at all! It provides a very natural finish to the skin and just melts and blends into the skin effortlessly. I would say that it provides medium coverage but it definitely can be built up, without looking cakey on the skin. It also contains an antioxidant vitamin which is supposed to 'awaken your skin's radiance and clarity'. I picked up the shade Beige Light 32, and it is the perfect shade for me. It doesn't make my skin look too dark or orange, as some foundations can oxidise on my skin a little and once it sets, it is set. I can touch my face without having the foundation transfer to my finger tips. A winner in my book! 

I also picked up the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major volume mascara. I've seen this in action and it looks absolutely amazing! Just think, instant false lash effect. I have yet to try this out, but will definitely report back once I have! The last two products I picked up are lip related. I picked up another Sephora Lip Liner to go. I have a few of these liners already and they are probably my favourite. They are very long lasting and do not dry out your lips.  I picked up the shade 'Deep Beige' which is similar to MAC Spice lip liner, but is only for a fraction of the price! Another product which is only a fraction of the price, is the Sephora Colour Reveal lip balm, which is very similar to the Dior Addict lip balm. It changes colour once you've applied it and turns into the perfect pink for everyone. This is a repeat purchase as it was probably the first product I ever brought from Sephora years ago!

Have you brought anything from Sephora lately? Or what was your favourite beauty buy of 2016?? I'd love to know! And I think I'm all Sephora-ed out and I definitely will not be making another order any time soon! 

2 comments:

  1. I've never ever been to a Sephora (I know right, whaaaaaat!) but I'd definitely raid the Marc Jacobs counter! That foundation looks and sounds fab x

    Always, Alice – Huge New Year Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way!! Jayd, you definitely need to pop into a Sephora! It is literally heavenly - ahaha! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x